How to take Moon pictures through telescope using iPhone?
- Set up telescope and view the moon.
- Tighten all the knobs and fixtures on telescope.
- Make sure tripod is not moving.
- Start iPhone camera and turn off the flash.
- Hold camera lens hole against the eyepiece hole matching each other.
- If you have a camera mount try it if it works for iPhone, most of them will not.
- A patchy blob will appear on iPhone screen, make sure be lowest on vibration towards zero.
- Tap on the bright light spot and then the iPhone will focus on moon picture properly.
- Tap to take picture, it vibrates more. You can use the volume control button on iPhone to snap it.
- Move iPhone a little bit it can vary focus on every snap and some pictures will be better than others.
- Happy Astrophotography.
All of the above pictures are taken by me with my iPhone 5 and the Celestron PowerSeeker AZ70 telescope